The UT 742 is a Super Large
Multifunctional Anchor Handling / Tug / Supply and Sub Sea Service Vessel
designed by Ulstein Ship Technology AS; Design dept.; to satisfy the new
demands of the offshore industry as oil exploration and oil production moves
into deeper waters. The UT 742 is designed and arranged for a wide spectre of
sub sea installation works and services; and can also be arranged for light drilling
and similar services. We mention:
- Sub sea work and installation at sea bed
- ROV and ROT services
- Laying and handling of anchors and mooring lines for offshore floating production platforms.
- Laying of flexible pipilines on sea bed between oil and gas installations.
- Plowing for pipelines in sea bed, with a pull load of approx. 270 tonnes.
- Towing of production platforms and drilling platforms.
- Handling and installation of construction blocks and equipment.
The work deck is designed and prepared for installation of topside modules with weights up to approx. 25000 tonnes.
M/S "Normand Pioner" is built with two moon pools in ship centre line. The work moon pool has dimensions approx. 7m x 7m, and the ROV moon pool approx 4,5m x 4,5m. The moon pools are located close to the vessel's flotation centre, and are arranged with sea flow dampening compartments. The UT-742 is generally designed and arranged according to "Class III" vessel with two main propulsion machinery plants in separate machinery compartmenst. M/S "Normand Pioner" i equipped and certified as a "Class II" vessel, and is prepared for later conversion to "Class III". M/S "Normand Pioner" is built with a hotel compliment of high standards and with capacity for 73 persons. Further with a helicopter landing platform for Super Puma or Sikorsky S61.
2017: Still active - IMO 9179751. Flag: Douglas, Isle of Man, UK
Length over all, approx 95,0 m
Length between p.p 80,7 m
Breadth moulded 24,0 m
Depth moulded 9,7 m
Draught midship (moulded) 7,800 m
Max draught aft 8,315 m
Ballast water 3928 m3
Fresh water 1038 m3
Fuel oil (IF 40) 1110 m3
Fuel oil (GO) 1104 m3
Cargo (rig) chain lockers, 4 in number 577 m3
Cargo deck area (21 m x 45,5 m) ~ 950 m2
Cargo deck dimensioning 10 T/m2
Deck cargo (G = 1,0 m above deck) 3540 T
Deadweight at summer draught 7,80 m 5293 T (A-Frame is regarded as deadweight).
Gross tonnage, international 5906 GRT
Net tonnage, international 1771 NRT
DnV + 1A1, Tug Supply Vessel, SF, EO,
DynPos AUTR, Ice C, HELDK
Flag: Isle of Man.
Speed, approx 17 knots
Bollard Pull, approx 270 tonnes
The vessel is built with a compliment for totally 73 persons.
- Two of one-bed cabins with day room and bedroom
- Eleven one-bed cabins
- Twentyeight of two-bed cabins
All cabins with separate toilet/shower.
- Mess room and day room in vicinity of galley.
- Day room and Smokers corner - Conference room and office
- Laudrries, hospital with reception and wardrobe
- Dry provision room, refrigerated room, and freezer room.
A-frame, 150 T SWL.
One knuckle jib crane, 5 tonnes at 12 mtrs.
One knuckle jib crane, 5,5 tonnes at 15 mtrs. (MOB1500)
Two folding cranes - max 2,5 T - serving anchor handling area, each 30,8 TM, max reach 16,8 m and 19,1 m respectively. Prepared for installation of one offshore rated crane 1745 TM
Cargo discharge systems
Two fuel oil pumps, el. driven 2-speed, each 163 m3/h - 9 bar.
Two fresh water pumps, el. driven 2-speed, each 150 m3/h - 9 bar.
Two ballast pumps, el. driven, 310 m3/h - 2,5 bar.
The ship tanks are prepared for eventual later installation of liquid mud system.
Space is reserved for eventual later installation of cement/ baryte tanks.
Two ULSTEIN High Lift Flap Rudders
Two ULSTEIN Steering Gear
Two ULSTEIN Side Thrusters forward, each of 1000 kW.
One ULSTEIN Swing-up Compass Thruster forward, 2000 kW with frequency transformer.
Two ULSTEIN Side Thrusters aft, each of 1470 kW.
Two ULSTEIN Passive Stabilizing Tank Systems.
Ulstein Poscon Joystick
Dynamic Positioning System DnV AUTR (Class 2) with:
- Position Reference System
- HiPAP, Fanbeam, Tautwire winch, 2 of DGPS.
- Tension control for AHT winch wire.
- Tension control for pipe laying equipment.
S-band ARPA radar and X-band TM radar with remote display.
Electronic chart system (ECDIS).
Radio installation according to GMDSS –area A3.
Inmarsat C, Inmarsat B and Mini M SatCom Satelite TV
Two ULSTEIN combined Windlass / Mooring Winches.
Two ULSTEIN Tugger Winches, pull 15 T.
Two ULSTEIN Capstans aft, pull 15 T.
One ULSTEIN Spare Wire Winch, pull 15 T. Capacity: 1500 m of 83 mm dia. wire.
One ULSTEIN declutchable Anchor Handling Drum with ULSTEIN Spooling Gear. Capacity: 1500 m of 109 mm dia. wire, Low gear 500 T at 0 - 11 m/min., Brake holding load 560 T.
Two ULSTEIN declutchable Towing Drums with ULSTEIN Spooling Gear. Capacity each: 2000 m of 83 mm dia wire. Low gear 400 T at 0 - 14 m/min., Brake holding load 685 T.
One ULSTEIN Secondary Winches with Spooling Device Pull 63 T, capacity: 1400 m of 7 in. dia.synthetic rope.
One ULSTEIN Stern Roller, 500 T SWL, L7000, D4000
Two retractable anchor handling forks, 750 T SWL.
Two retractable lifting pins, 10 T, H600.
Two sets of retractable towing pins, 270 T SWL.
One incinerator, capacity 500.000 kcal/hr., also burning slugde.
One FRC with approved one-armed davit
6 life rafts with capacity for 20 persons, and 4 life rafts with capacity for 25 persons.
Pancake of Aluminium.
Size: 22,2 m * 22,2 m, orthogonal shape.
Dimensioned for Super Puma and Sikorsky S61.
Approvals: DnV, NMD, NAA, UK CAA (CAP 437) / BHAB.
/ Propulsion System
Main propulsion with four main engines and two main propellers.
Heavy fuel oil IF 40.
Modularized engine room
- Two main engines (inner) each of 5280 kW at 600 rpm
- Two main engines (outer) each of 3960 kW at 600 rpm
- Two reduction gears, with declutchable primary PTO for shaft alternators.
- Two ULSTEIN CP Main Propellers i Nozzles, each 9240 kW/dia 4500 mm/speed 138 rpm.
Fresh Water Generator
- Two FW generators, each w. capacity 12,5 tonnes per 24 hours.
Electric Powerplant (690 VOLT AC – 50-60 HZ)
- Two shaft alternators, each of 4375 kVA.
Four generator sets, each of 1500 kVA.
Emergency generator, 468 kVA.
- ULSTEIN Main Switchboard 690 V / 440 V / 220 V control room.
- ULSTEIN Emergency Switchboard
- ULSTEIN Motor Control Centres
- ULSTEIN Control Consoles in brigde and engine control room
- ULSTEIN general Electric Equipment
- ULSTEIN Power Management System
- ULSTEIN Multifunctional Automation System (UMAS-V) with integration (PC control) of:
Alarm and Monitoring System.
Tanktender System (cargo control).
Tank Sounding System.