Ulstein Verft has signed a contract for the modernisation and upgrading of the 'Sea Adventurer' exploration cruise vessel owned by Adventurer Partners Ltd and operated by Quark Expeditions. The ship will be refurbished in time for the Arctic 2017 cruises.
The upgrade works include the renovations to the ship's interior, significant technical upgrades such as the replacement of main engines and gears, as well as the addition of new passenger cabins.
The shipowner states that the refurbishment will give the ship a new look and feel throughout:
- Renovations to the interior of the ship including outside cabins with en suites, spacious forward lounge and bar, and other amenities
- The addition of new passenger cabins
- New bathrooms in every cabin, and upgrades to the Main Lounge and Main Dining Room, gym, and select suites
- Significant technical enhancements – including two new engines, generators, gear boxes, drive systems, and re-bladed propellers
- Increased fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
"This is an important contract to us within a new segment. The ship owner wanted a quality partner, and even if it’s a demanding project with short delivery time, we will deliver on-time with quality as always," says managing director Kristian Sætre.
The work in our engineering and design department has started. The ship will most likely come to Ulstein Verft early April 2017 and the job is to be completed by mid-June 2017.
Video by Quark Expeditions:
Please contact us for more information