Ulstein will be present at the Offshore Wind Journal Conference (7 Feb) and the Annual OSJ conference (8-9 Feb) in London, and we'd love to see you! Please book a meeting with one of our representatives, or listen to our chief designer who will be a speaker on Day 1 on the topic of nuclear power for offshore vessels.
Our chief designer, Øyvind Gjerde Kamsvåg, will be one of the speakers at session 3B 'Next-generation vessels' on 8 February. This session will review the latest innovations for next-generation vessels considering retrofitting to future-proof fleets and the role of nuclear power:
Mr Kamsvåg's presentation will be at 14:40 p.m, with the topic:
Nuclear power for offshore vessels: a viable zero-emissions option
- What are the benefits of thorium molten salt reactors and how do they work?
- Economic feasibility and establishing the business case
- Charging capacities
- Current R&D
Do you want to meet us?
Please book a meeting with one of our attendees at the conference:
- Øyvind Gjerde Kamsvåg, Chief designer, Ulstein International: email@example.com
- Runar Muren, Managing director, Ulstein Design & Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erwin Jager, Sales manager, Ulstein Design & Solutions: email@example.com
- Geir Heltne, Sales manager, Ulstein Design & Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Torill Muren, Lead naval architect, Ulstein Design & Solutions: email@example.com
- Lars Lühr Olsen, Managing director, Ulstein Verft: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolbjørn Moldskred, Sales manager, Ulstein Verft: email@example.com
In June 2022, Acta Marine ordered the two first ULSTEIN TWIN X-STERN Construction Service Operating Vessels (CSOVs) with design from Ulstein Design & Solutions AS. The design contract also includes options for two vessels, all four of the ULSTEIN SX216 design. The vessels will be delivered with dual-fuel methanol/diesel power generators. This project has now been nominated for the Offshore Renewables Award by OSJ (Offshore Support Journal).
The TWIN X-STERN innovation in itself has also been nominated, for the Innovation of the Year Award. Interestingly, the TWIN X-STERN was nominated for the same award in 2016, the year after it was introduced, and is nominated again due to its realisation by Acta Marine and other shipowners in 2022.
The winners of the OSJ Awards will be announced at the OSJ Conference.
Please contact us for more information