Designed byUlstein Design & Solutions AS
- 90.5 m
- 19 m
- Dead weight:
- 3700 tonnes
- Draught (max):
- 6.6 m
- Speed (max):
- 15 kn
- 69 POB
Note: Subject to selected variant configuration
- Fuel oil:
- 1515 cbm
- 1050 cbm
- Ballast water:
- 1925 cbm
- Main generating sets:
- 6 Wärtsilä, output of 1800 kW at 1000 rpm
- DnV +1A1, ICE-C, E0, HELDK, COMF-V(3), SF, CLEAN DESIGN, DynPos AUTR, NAUT-AW
ULSTEIN designed six seismic survey vessels which were delivered to WesternGeco in the time period 2009-10. All the six vessels are based on the SX124 design. Two vessels were constructed at Drydocks World - Dubai, and four were built at Barreras, Spain.
The vessels ranged by delivery date:
- ‘WG Columbus’: Hull number 1657 from Barreras, Spain, delivered 16 March 2009. The first X-BOW® vessel to be built outside ULSTEIN´s own yard.
- ’WG Magellan’: Hull number 1658 from Barreras, Spain. Due to major strikes in the Vigo area in spring 2009, WG Magellan was completed in Viana do Castelo, Portugal, and delivered 29 July 2009.
- ’WG Amundsen’: Hull number 1659 from Barreras, Spain, delivered 16 February 2010.
- ’WG Tasman’: Hull number 64 from Drydocks World Dubai, delivered 31 March 2010
- ’WG Vespucci’: Hull number 1660 from Barreras, Spain, delivered 21 April 2010. The vessel left the yard at 24 April for her first mission in the North Sea.
- ’WG Cook’: hull number 65 from Drydocks World Dubai, delivered 2 August 2010.
2018: Shearwater to acquire the marine seismic acquisition assets and operations of WesternGeco, the geophysical services product line of Schlumberger, within end 2018.
6. February 2019: WG Tasman and WG Cook received seismic contracts on totally five months for Aker BP and Equinor. The work will be carried out through summer 2019. For Aker BP, seismic work will be performed at the Frosk, Ivar Aasen and Valhall field. This work will be started up in Q2 2019, and last for approx. four months. Thereafter comes the assignment for Equinor on the Gullfaks field, lasting about one month, and starting up in Q3 2019.
Please contact us for more information