Ulstein on-site support is offered to clients all over the world. For the past decade and more, a majority of the Ulstein ship design and equipment packages have been sold for newbuilds in China. Since 2004, Ulstein’s activity in China has increased substantially.
Ulstein has substantial activity at the sales office in Shanghai and at our factory in Ningbo, and follow-up teams at various yards. We focus on new sales, project follow-up and equipment production of switchboards and cabinets.
Site support technical
- Synergi follow-up
- Equipment engineering manuals from Ulstein and Yard
- Identify and track the technical questions and issues for the project
- Follow up CO requested by yard towards Ulstein
- Arrange meetings between yard and Ulstein for project follow-up
- Follow up drawings comments and HAT/SAT comments
- Coordinate yard, owner and class site teams regarding technical questions
- Follow up Class comments and document requests
- Assist yard in follow-ups and proactively close comments
- Clarify installation procedure/manuals between yard and vendors
INVEST IN PROJECT TEAMS
Our customers must be confident that they get a good design and a proper integrated equipment package. The on-site support and the local follow-up are essential for our end deliveries and our reputation in China. That’s why we invest so much in setting up experienced project teams to do the follow-up.
COOPERATION NORWAY AND CHINA
"Our job is to build up the relationships with customers locally. To succeed in China, we must do a good job at the local shipyard,” says sales and marketing director Kirk Du.
“We have good cooperation with the naval architects and sales resources in Ulsteinvik, Norway. We have great products and innovations from Norway and can support and promote these locally."
Site support logistics
- Follow up LC opening, assisting yard in accordance to agreement and L/C template
- Transport and logistics follow-up of equipment purchased in China
- Inspect equipment sent by Ulstein and make record with pictures, report deviations
- Follow up vendors to the Ulstein Design company, replacing/repairing damaged equipment
- Follow up equipment packaged by Ulstein, certificates and manuals, get signature from yard
- Act as coordinator between yard and Ulstein vendors regarding replacing/repairing damaged equipment during vessel production period
FEEDBACK FROM SWS
Two PX121 designed PSVs have been under construction at SWS Offshore, Shanghai, for shipowner Pacific Radiance Group. In addition to PSV duties, the vessels are prepared with increased accommodation and provisions for crane and ROV installation for possible assignments in the IMR market. The vessels are built in compliance with Clean Design and Comfort Class. They are satisfying IMO’s SPS Code (Special Purpose Ships) for carrying up to 60 specialised personnel, and carries OILREC class notation for oil recovery in emergency situations.
"I would like to say thank you to Ulstein Site Team for the long-term support and cooperation. After more than 2 years hard work on PSV projects, we have finished Pre-Commissioning, commissioning and sea trial test successfully, I would like to express my great gratitude to you all whom were fighting at the first-lines."
Mr. Li Zhizhong, Assistant President of SWS Offshore
Site support commissioning
- Assist yard in communication with Ulstein sub-suppliers to arrange service engineers for commissioning, sea trial and pre-commissioning.
- Assist yard to plan commissioning and sea trial, including pre-commissioning
- Coordinate yard and vendors during installation of equipment.