Ulstein Group has decided on four goals to be prioritised in our work.
Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning.
• Ulstein will aim to foster skilled and engaged employees
• We will support lifelong competence building for our employees
• The combination of experience and formal competence is critical for our innovation and business activity
• Our work with the Family Life Project in cooperation with SOS Children’s Villages in Angola will secure kindergarten and school attendance for vulnerable children and give self-sustainable communities
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
• Ulstein provides efficient, safe and reliable products and services to our customers
• Through innovation of future-oriented products and services we contribute to sustainable development
• We have entered new market segments for renewable energy
• We develop fuel-efficient ships to move heavy goods traffic from the motorway to the seaway
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
• Ulstein will secure equal career possibilities across gender in our companies
• As of today, we have equal numbers of women and men in the Group Management and Board of Directors. We will continue to foster female leadership
• For decades, we have aimed to inspire girls to choose mathematics and science as school subjects
LIFE BELOW WATER
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources.
• Our aim is to design and construct vessels for demanding operations while maintaining a keen eye on the environment
• We allocate resources to innovation and new development. This includes new types of vessels or solutions that help the customers increase their value, while improving fuel efficiency, reducing emissions and doing less harm to environment
• We innovate to develop new solutions for environmentally sound marine and maritime activities