Fugro Resilience to be converted at Ulstein Verft
We create tomorrow’s solutions for sustainable marine operations
Ulstein is a third-generation family-owned company and an internationally renowned provider of ship designs, shipbuilding and system solutions for ships.
We will keep turning visions into reality with our customers and pushing progress in the maritime industry.
Turning visions into reality
- Proud shipbuilder for more than a century
- Vessels built at Ulstein Verft
- Vessel designs by Ulstein
How we make a difference
Ulstein has been able to spot and exploit new opportunities and sustain momentum through changing times in the maritime business for over a century.
Through hard work and creative enthusiasm, we will keep renewing ourselves and applying our expertise to benefit our customers.
Trust through experience
We have lived up to market expectations for over a century through creativity and innovation. In collaboration with clients, yards, suppliers and classification societies we have helped shape the maritime industry.
What do our customers want?
Our customers need a partner who can give them a competitive edge and help reduce risks. Through our systematic approach to innovation, we are a good partner. We will help our customers keep pace with changing standards and performance requirements – not only today’s needs but also future ones.
- Lowest possible lifecycle cost
- Cost-effectiveness related to fuel oil consumption and other resources is as crucial for the environment as it is for our customers. Less downtime for maintenance and further work is also essential. Shipowners must ensure that value creation and cost-effectiveness are optimised throughout the life cycle of their ships.
- Accidents can cause injury among crew members, pollution and damage of property. Safety and the environment are not only ethical issues, but also a case of risk management. To our customers it is important that all parts of the value chain deliver products and services with environmental and safety focus.
- A partner you can trust
- Sticking to the agreed delivery time, quality and price are crucial. Shipowners and other players need equipment and services that ensure delivery precision – and they seek partners they know can deliver the right quality on time for their benefit.
News & featured articles
On 20 July 2023, U.S. President Joe Biden attended the steel-cutting ceremony of the subsea rock installation (SRI) vessel 'Acadia', under construction at Philly Shipyard. Designed by Ulstein Design & Solutions B.V., this will be the first of its kind U.S.-built vessel.
Trawling has always presented some challenges. The award-winning ECOFIVE solution from Bluewild is an ambitious venture that maintains high catch quality and is now being realised in a factory trawler developed by Ulstein Design & Solutions. An explanatory animation in this article describes the catch solution.
The CMHI Haimen yard, China, delivered SunStone's sixth expedition cruise vessel in the Infinity class, the Ocean Albatros, on Thursday, 20 April 2023. The vessel will operate on year-round charter for Albatros Expeditions.
Bernhard Schulte Offshore returns to Ulstein Verft for the design and construction of two Commissioning Service Operation Vessels (CSOVs) of the ULSTEIN SX222 design. The contract includes options for four additional vessels.
Seaway7's newbuild heavy lift crane vessel Seaway Alfa Lift (CMHI-207) has departed China following its delivery from China Merchants Heavy Industry (CMHI). The vessel has been constructed at the CMHI Haimen shipyard.