Fugro Resilience to be converted at Ulstein Verft
Stay competitive with our aftermarket services.
Shipowners and operators face a rapidly changing maritime industry. They meet new and stricter regulatory requirements, and operations must be more sustainable and energy-efficient. Further, vessels must ensure maximum value throughout their lifecycle.
Enhancing competitiveness with our comprehensive aftermarket services
When you want to stay competitive and compliant, there are many choices regarding upgrades, conversions, services and repairs. This kind of work involves different expertise and knowledge and, of course, the facilities needed to carry out the projects.
We offer several aftermarket services to provide our customers professional access to retrofits, conversions, service and maintenance, repairs and upgrades. The close cooperation between design, engineering, production and operation makes us an effective supplier of aftermarket services and spare parts retail.
Our short list of services
We pride ourselves on providing reliable and reputable solutions to your specific requirements. Here's a brief overview of the diverse services we offer:
- Docking services
- We have a covered dock hall and an outer dock to secure the best possible quality on the work required.
- Classification support
- Our classification services ensure your vessel's longevity and optimal performance, meeting classification society requirements, ensuring compliance and maintaining the necessary certifications.
- Electrical and electronic system maintenance
- Skilled professionals handle the upkeep and maintenance of your vessel's electrical and electronic systems, ensuring uninterrupted functionality.
- Marine system and equipment maintenance
- Reliable maintenance services for various marine systems and equipment to keep them in prime condition, ensuring smooth operations.
- Hull surface preparation and coating
- Specialised expertise in preparing and coating hull surfaces enhances durability, protects against corrosion, and optimises performance.
- Project management and engineering
- Efficient project management and engineering support, ensuring timely execution and successful completion of your maritime endeavours.
- HVAC system repairs
- Swift and effective repair services for HVAC systems, maintaining a comfortable and controlled environment onboard your vessel.
- Piping system repairs
- Proficient repairs for piping systems, ensuring efficient fluid transfer and minimising the risk of leaks or failures.
- Steel construction repairs
- Skilled technicians to address any damages or issues with steel constructions, maintaining structural integrity and safety.
- Thruster and propulsion system repairs
- Expert assistance in repairing and maintaining thrusters and propulsion systems, optimising vessel manoeuvrability and performance.
Ulstein Verft yard facilities
Ulstein Verft is a compact and complete shipyard with excellent facilities, including a dock hall, to secure the best possible quality on every process in the outfitting, integration and finishing of newbuilds, ship repairs and conversions. All assets are within walking distance from the yard administration offices.
Areas of expertise
- Design & Solutions
- Our naval architects specialise in various areas, including hydrodynamics, stability, machinery and propulsion, hull structure and outfitting, accommodation, interior design, electrical systems, scantlings, and finite element analyses. We offer system redesign, reinforcement, relocation, installation, feasibility studies, and capability assessments. Our expertise extends to calculations for stability and deck strength, capacity increase, modifications, upgrades, and updates for systems like the FiFi system and tank plan. Additionally, we provide services for conversions, rebuilding, site support, motion studies, ballast treatment, inclining tests, additional load conditions, length extensions, fuel optimisation, and compliance with new regulations.
- With over a century of experience in shipbuilding, Ulstein Verft and Ulstein Elektro Installasjon are renowned for their expertise. Our naval experts specialise in HVAC (ventilation), accommodation, stability, machinery, propulsion, hull structure, outfitting, and electrical installation. In addition to shipbuilding, we offer comprehensive services and aftermarket support. This includes barge and multi-wheeler transport, and crane lifts for projects outside Ulstein Verft, as well as conversions, repairs, antifouling, painting, pipe manufacturing, maintenance, upgrades, steelwork, welding, docking, mooring, and storage of maritime equipment.
- Power & Control
- We have extensive experience developing control systems and products for various types of vessels, including our innovative X-CONNECT automation platform. Our services and aftermarket support in this area encompasses pre-commissioning, installation, and commissioning of electrical systems and products, both ours and other manufacturers. We have a dedicated team of service engineers who travels worldwide to perform service tasks, and our service phone is available 24/7 to address any concerns or inquiries.
Stories about our aftermarket projects
See how we can help vessel owners stay competitive, and optimise the overall performance of a vessel.
On 4 February 2023, the Windea Leibniz upgrade was completed at Ulstein Verft. With an increase of cabins from 60 to over 80, the vessel has transitioned from an SOV to a CSOV. Additionally, the yard has installed one extra pedestal on the stern for Baltic Sea operations to complement the existing North Sea pedestal.
The SOV Windea Leibniz is currently at Ulstein Verft for an upgrade to widen her operational scope in offshore wind. The first milestone has now been completed.
During the final days of October and the first days of November, Ulstein Verft signed contracts for service and classification of ships for several different shipowners. The dock hall is an important reason why the order book fills up.
The SOV vessel Windea Leibniz returns to Ulstein Verft for an upgrade. After installation of an adjustable pedestal for the gangway, and a 50 per cent increase of single cabins for charterers, the vessel will be ready for assignments in the Baltic Sea as well as the North Sea, and with a status as a CSOV.
Shearwater GeoServices has announced its cooperation with Ulstein Design & Solutions AS in providing the conversion engineering of the SW Tasman, an ULSTEIN SX124 design, to a dual ROV seismic vessel, equipped with a broad scope of operational capabilities.
Ulstein Verft has signed a contract with Remøy Management on upgrade, maintenance work and a periodical survey on the cable lay vessel 'NKT Victoria'. The 140-metre-long vessel arrived Ulstein Verft on 30 November 2021.
ESVAGT and Ulstein have entered into a contract for the conversion of two platform supply vessels to ERRV battery hybrid vessels.
Ulstein Verft is certified in accordance with ISO9001:2015, a quality standard to confirm that the company is managed in a controlled manner, and is currently undergoing ISO 14001 (Environment) certification.