Embrace change and fuel your fleet's future with our expert vessel conversion services.
Navigate tomorrow's challenges with our comprehensive vessel conversion services
The maritime industry is constantly evolving. Your once state-of-the-art fleet now faces new challenges: shifting market dynamics, rigorous environmental regulations, and the constant headwind of rising fuel costs. These vessels, designed for decades of service, can feel adrift in the current climate, struggling to keep up with the pace of change and attract the interest of charterers and potential purchasers.
You're not alone in these rough waters. Many in our industry wrestle with the same issues: escalating operating costs, falling profits, and a shrinking market share. The investment required to build a new fleet can seem daunting, and the long lead times exacerbate the problem.
ULSTEIN can offer a lifeline with comprehensive vessel conversion, upgrade, and retrofit services. Our seasoned designers and engineers are ready to inject new vitality into your fleet, reimagining and repurposing vessels to navigate any market segment. With us as your partner, your fleet will be ready to conquer the challenges of tomorrow's maritime industry.
Giving a second life to offshore vessels
Offshore vessels are built to be in operation for 20 years or more. With an operational horizon of such a length, it is complicated and potentially costly to prepare the vessels for all potential changes in the future. The possibility is nonetheless high for later, alternative utilisations in other markets.
Upgrading tonnage to a new life
A shipowner's decision on upgrading a vessel into an updated, ready-classed version, or converting it to a new segment can lead to increased interest and a firm contract. Our shipbuilding team can perform the job, and secure the shipowner a competitive vessel with a short delivery time.
PSV conversion - moving to a new lease of life as SOV or IMR vessel
- We have developed new-life solutions for our series of medium-sized PX121 PSVs, capitalising on the inherent strength of the vessel’s solid platform. One option is the conversion into an SOV vessel for the offshore wind or oil & gas markets. Another option is the conversion into a flexible subsea IMR vessel.
Discover profitable market expansion and sustainable power solutions
Quick delivery, lasting impact - our vessel conversions transform fleets.
- Extended operational life:
- Conversions and retrofits significantly extend a vessel's service life, maximizing the value of the initial investment.
- Fast delivery advantage:
- Vessel conversions offer the benefit of shorter delivery times compared to commissioning entirely new builds.
- Future-ready flexibility:
- Conversions allow vessels to adapt to future market changes or regulatory environments, enhancing their long-term operational versatility.
- Energy efficiency competitiveness:
- Retrofitting with energy-efficient technologies such as battery systems and shore connections reduces operational costs and ensures compliance with stringent emissions regulations.
- Market expansion simplicity:
- Simple conversions, like installing mezzanine decks and ROVs, enable shipowners to explore new, potentially more profitable markets with minimal adjustments.
- Sustainable power transition:
- Using alternative fuels like methanol, ammonia, or hydrogen in retrofitting reduces environmental impact and promotes sustainable operations.
- Versatile sector adaptability:
- Offshore vessels can be adjusted to cater to different sectors like fishing, aquaculture, or yachting, diversifying revenue streams.
- Quality assured conversions:
- Collaborative efforts between naval architects and project teams ensure conversions meet high quality standards and cater to specific shipowner needs.
- Attractive battery upgrades:
- Minor investments in retrofitting vessels with battery systems significantly enhance their market appeal.
- Compliance and comfort enhancements:
- Upgrades addressing regulatory changes and improving crew accommodations boost the vessel's overall performance and appeal.
Aftermarket services at Ulstein Verft
Stay competitive with our aftermarket services.
Shipowners and operators face a rapidly changing maritime industry. They meet new and stricter regulatory requirements, and operations must be more sustainable and energy-efficient. Further, vessels must ensure maximum value throughout their lifecycle.