Shortlisted for Renewables and 'Support Vessel of the Year' Awards
Two Ulstein designs have been shortlisted for offshore awards. The 'Windea La Cour', a Service Operation Vessel for the Offshore Wind industry is a nominee for the Offshore Renewables Award 2016, and the 'ALP Striker', a long-distance towage/anchor handling tug, is a nominee for the Support Vessel of the Year Award.
The Offshore Renewables Award is awarded to a company, project or product that has made a significant contribution to the development of the offshore renewables market during 2016. These are the shortlisted for the Award:
- Windea La Cour, a turbine maintenance vessel for BS Offshore/Siemens, the world’s first X-STERN® hull form vessel
- Palfinger’s turbine blade access system, the PBA, for which Senvion recently became the first customer
- Barge Master’s Gangway system for personnel and cargo. The Barge Master Gangway Model 3.0 compensates vessel motions in significant wave heights of up to 3m
- Voith for the Voith Linear Jet. The VLJ is a new type of propulsor combining the best properties of conventional propellers with the best properties of conventional waterjets.
Completed sea trial
The nomination coincides with the completion of the sea trial on 3 December 2016 of the, yet unnamed, yard number 310 from Ulstein Verft, sister vessel to the 'Windea La Cour'. This vessel will be delivered in Q1 2017, and will be working at offshore wind farms offshore Germany.
The X-STERN will increase the crews's choice of astern operations while at the offshore wind farms, read more.
Support Vessel of the Year
The ALP Striker has been nominated Support Vessel of the Year. This Award is awarded to the owner, designer and builder of an offshore support vessel delivered in 2016 which is considered to have set an industry benchmark through innovative design and efficient operation. Shortlisted for the Award:
- ALP Striker, first of a new class of long distance towage/anchor handling/salvage tugs for ALP Maritime, of Ulstein design and built by Niigata Shipbuilding & Repair
- Pioneering Spirit, Allseas’ unique heavy lift/decommissioning vessel, designed by Allseas and built by DSEM in South Korea
- Audax, a purpose-designed and built Polar 3 class heavy transport vessel for Red Box Energy Services, designed by owner and built by Guangzhou Shipyard International
- Maersk Connector, next-generation cable lay vessel for Maersk Supply Service and chartered by DeepOcean, designed and built by Damen
Please contact us for more information
Lars Ståle Skoge
Commercial directorTel: +47 915 81 226
Ulstein Design & Solutions AS
P. O. Box 278,Tel: +47 7000 8000
Ulstein Verft AS
P. O. Box 158,Tel: +47 7000 8000